Julián Palacios Gechtman
Based in Milan, Italy
Promesa is an atmospheric first-person person journey that explores the underground images we share in our relationships.In this contemplative experience you’ll wander through the impressions that emerge when you listen to someone who is a deep part of your identity, when the memories and dreams of both blend together in images that are at the same time personal and shared.It’s about memory and the feeling of reality.About the way we remember things; and the way things make us remember.
After the release of a couple of short experimental videogames, the development for Promesa started in 2016 as a personal project. Domiziano Maselli, Andrea Cedraro and Martín Palacios joined the team during development. The idea for it came after a few conversations I had with my grandfather. We live in different countries, and that was the first time that we shared our feelings directly, talking about the bad moment we were both going through. When you listen to someone who is a deep part of your identity, their memories and tales can become like dreams and visions. These images become like something that you go towards to or like something you try to resurface with your memory. With Promesa I tried to depict this underground flux of images that are both personal and shared, images that tell your dreams and memories but also those from your family.
- A slow, contemplative experience in which the realistic, the onirical and the surreal blend together.
- An open narrative in which each playthrough is different, like in a stream of consciousness.
- A distinct visual style that mixes pixel graphics with high-def light
- Explore environments inspired by Argentinian and Italian cities
- A beautiful soundtrack made with acoustic instruments
Promesa - Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IGF Nuovo Award Finalist" San Francisco, March, 2020
- "A MAZE Award Nominee" Berlin, July, 2020
- "GameHappens 2019 Official Selection" Genova, November, 2019
- "GameOn! 2019 Official Selection" Buenos Aires, November, 2019
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Julián Palacios Gechtman
Julián Palacios Gechtman is an audiovisual artist based in Milan. He is part of Eremo, an art collective from Milan.
More information on Julián Palacios Gechtman, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Julián Palacios Gechtman
Director, developer, visuals
Composer, Sound Design
Additional 3D graphics, clarinet theme recording
End theme, additional video footage
Additional 3D graphics